Who's listened to the new Taylor song?! I personally am in love and it really reminds me of Lindsay Lohan's Rumors which I was obsessed with. She's seriously throwing so much shade at Kanye & she's subtweeting Katy Perry calling her a mean girl!!!! Anyways, There's nothing better than freshly painted nails & when you cant afford to go get a mani- you can do these super cute & minimalist nails at home! I'm a sucker for dark nail polish- If I'm not wearing Essie's Bikini So Teeny (which is my all time fav color) I'm more than likely wearing a gray or a black & you will never catch me with naked nails, I hate them!!!! I'm also super into minimalist nail designs right now- they're super trendy & easy to create!
WHAT YOU NEED//
- 2 of your fav Nail Polishes that look good together! I picked Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy Ace of Spades & Essie's Penny Talk
- A toothpick
- Tiny piece of foil
- A great top coat (my fav is Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy #010)
- First thing's first- make sure your nails are naked & are filed down to whatever shape you like best!
- Pick which color you want as your base- I picked the dark gray to go on as the base (Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy #500 in Ace of Spades) & Pick which color you want to use for your dots. (I used Essie's Penny Talk)
- Paint a couple of coats of your base color on your nails & wait for them to completely dry.
- Once your base coat is completely dry, dab a little bit of your dot color (Essie's Penny Talk) on your small piece of foil and dip the flat end of a toothpick into the polish & dot it on your nail where you want the bigger dot. Repeat this step on all of your nails.
- After you've completed all of the bigger dots, flip the toothpick & dip the pointy end into your polish & dot it on your nails above the larger dots.
- Wait for all of the polish to dry- probably like 5ish minutes & then paint the top coat over every nail & let dry.
- Throw on some pretty midi rings & admire your new trendy DIY nails!
What are your fav nail trends for this fall?!
P.S. Revlon's Colorstay Gel Envy's nail polish is my personal fav brand for nail polishes bc they have a great top coat & awesome colors & it lasts for a long time without chipping (SO important)!